Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don’t hold back. What do you think? Can’t believe how heavy and large the stock parts are. I don’t rain ride much and usually have a hard box on the rear rack so I’m not that worried about splash. Only problem is I’m getting a little bit of led flash in the opposite side front and rear turn signals even with the led flasher and the led diode in the dash. Also the led dash diode is no longer lighting. It worked perfectly with led front signals and stock rear signals. Yes my license plate is on with a rubber band in the after photos cause I haven’t decided exactly where to mount it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,357 Posts
Fender looks pretty good. I wonder if you might want the plate a bit more upright.

If the dash LED has quite then it must have failed and is allowing some current to cross-flow. Replace it and see if your problems go away.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah I’m not sure about the diode because it was completely fine right up until I put the rear LED signals on. Seems like too much of a coincidence for it to just quit then. As far as the plate I don’t really have a choice since that’s the angle of the mount. I was considering making aluminum L brackets and mounting the plate upright on top of the rear fender using the brake light bolts that are already drilled through but I kind of like the plate below for extra splash protection. I’ll ask my wife when she gets home. She’s never shy about telling me what looks like shit ; )

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW Tom thanks again for your previous advice on LEDs. Wouldn’t have attempted it without your parts recommendations and experience.

·
Administrator
8,357 Posts
...Seems like too much of a coincidence for it to just quit then...
I don't believe in coincidences. ;^)

...telling me what looks like shit ; )
In truth, the concern is what the cops might think about it laying down like that. I guess if they feel they can read it OK it will be fine.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
I envy riders who can ride a wheelie that Vertical! Looks fine to me. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks better in person than pictures but not quite what I planned. It’s really not that more more tilted than it was mounted to the stock fender, just higher up. I’ve noticed that the factory KTM’s and Huskys are pretty tilted too but not quite that much. I’m still pretty happy with it though over stock.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wrong Tom, the dash LED diode is still flashing, just noticeably weaker than before I added the rear LED signals.

To refresh your memory, the front LED signals with stock rear signals, LED flasher box and LED dash diode worked perfectly. I added the rear LED signals and now the dash diode is dimmer and I’m getting some mild flashing on the opposite side turn signals now. Do you have a suggestion?

·
Administrator
8,357 Posts
Take a look and make sure the + and - leads are properly connected on the rear LEDs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did that, before I soldered them. When I reversed the polarity they didn’t flash or do anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts