Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
First welcome to the forum...

I haven't used the orbits, or the HT side racks, I'm a cheapo kinda guy so I made my own luggage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have that setup right now. I like it, but haven't run a lot on it or loaded it heavy yet - just set it up in November.

The bags are good quality and the NW rack works well with them. You have to adjust them a little to get them to fit as you like them but once that is done it is easy on, easy off. I have been in the rain with them and they are definitely waterproof. They are not super convenient to get into and out of during a ride because of the roll top, though. I got them as a waterproof bag that I can lift off quickly with decent capacity. They do that just right.
D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DJoe,
You say "cheap" while others might say frugal.... a respected trait in any motorcyclist. I've done the BMW GS touring thing with all the add-ons and gizmos. A couple years later I am running a KLR instead of a GS with much less crap and much more riding.
I prefer frugal.

Dread,
Thanks for the insights. Sounds like the bags will fit up decent to the racks. I'll give it a go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts