Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it was dark when I got home, so I couldn't take any photos..

Tomorrow.. :character00271:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need to live closer to you so I can help you ride all those bikes. :character00201:
This one stepped me into the land of having issues.. I now need to clean my garage to make room. Actually, I just need to sell the VFR. What I bought is the direct replacement for the VFR.. It's already set up to do what I wanted the VFR to be, without screwing up a perfectly good bike..

:(

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
It's tomm now! Pics! :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm awfully busy.. I did get a chance to put 60 miles on it today, and got it registered and a license plate installed..

Care to guess at what I purchased?? Need hints??

Hmmmmm?

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
Hmmm. Hadda put plates on it. Either out of state or new. What the VFR was supposed to be - Not a dual sport. Couple of hours drive to get it - that could take you into four different states. You wouldn't get another BMW, I don't think - too ruttish/repetetive.

If you went and got an NT 700...

NO BACON FOR YOU!!

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Dantes Dame convinced you to get a Gen2, huh? :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bmw gs ???:)
Excellent guess!! But incorrect.. I actually was kinda close to trading off the VFR for a R1150GS, but the guy's bike was worth double of the VFR and I didn't want to come up with that much cash..

Hmmm. Hadda put plates on it. Either out of state or new. What the VFR was supposed to be - Not a dual sport. Couple of hours drive to get it - that could take you into four different states. You wouldn't get another BMW, I don't think - too ruttish/repetetive.

If you went and got an NT 700...

NO BACON FOR YOU!!

Tom
Actually, here in IL nobody transfers plates, but yeah, I bought it in West Bend, Wisconsin and registered it here in IL (actually in WI as I type this)..

2007 was the year it was made.

Dantes Dame convinced you to get a Gen2, huh? :)
Nope.. Tom was right about it not being a Dual Sport. And no, it's not a NT700.. I've looked at them and I just find them cheap.. The bags are actually really small, and flimsy.. Still would like to ride one, though.. :)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
It wouldn't be made by a now nearly defunct design team that got bent over and educated in MC corruption by a large 'American" MC company would it?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wouldn't be made by a now nearly defunct design team that got bent over and educated in MC corruption by a large 'American" MC company would it?
Nope, but I still love the thought of owning a Uly..

I'm about to go do an oil change and crank up the rear suspension on it at a co-worker's place.. I promise to take photos, and if nobody objects, I'll even post em'..:)

Unless you're having fun guessing??

Truthfully, I doubt anyone will get it.. I've often mentioned to other friends that I think it'd make a fantastic bike, with purchased modifications.. I just happened to find the exact bike at a GREAT PRICE, with only 7500 miles on it, with more mods than I could have imagined..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Allright, I have no idea, but hell yeah post pics! :)

·
Administrator
8,372 Posts
2007 was the year it was made...
...is not really a clue. A couple of clues before you post up pictures, please.

This is better than the riddle thing because you can't Google and cheat, but we gotta have good clues.

I was thinking maybe a V or Wee-Strom, but I think that would violate the "no dual sport" idea, though one would be tempted to "crank up the rear suspension"...

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
OK, I'll shoot again (blindly in the dark). Triumph is a good guess, but it would fight with the BMW. Hmmm...Multistrada!

·
Registered
327 Posts
OK, I'll shoot again (blindly in the dark). Triumph is a good guess, but it would fight with the BMW. Hmmm...Multistrada!
Oh true that would be a horrible combo to have in the same stable. Multistrada is skirting the not a dual sport rules for sure. I have seen what the right tires and riders can do with those things.

So maybe a GSX?

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Would it be possible that I here a "Quack" in the stable?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope.. You guys are overthinking the choices..

I wanted to keep the cost low (why I passed on the 1150GS) and I wanted something that the VFR could have been, but I didn't want to screw up the bike by doing so..

I'll give you a HUGE hint, and tell you that it's a sport touring rig.. It's now 9pm, and at 10pm, I'll spill the beans..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Umm. It's past 10! and we still don't know. just wanted to guess... Concours??

1 - 20 of 40 Posts