Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, still new to the forum but I thought I would share this. When I bought my 2012 KLR, I really didn't like the colors of the bike. Red, black and silver. I look at my kids razor and see the same damn black plastic. Like black but not cheep looking black. I decided to pull all the black off and used Duplicolor Matt Black bed liner. I scuffed the plastics with 000 steel wool, wiped with thinner and sprayed. Turned out awesome!! Very durable and spot painting blends perfect. When I have enough posts in I'll drop some piks. Cheers!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Morning all, still new to the forum but I thought I would share this. When I bought my 2012 KLR, I really didn't like the colors of the bike. Red, black and silver. I look at my kids razor and see the same damn black plastic. Like black but not cheep looking black. I decided to pull all the black off and used Duplicolor Matt Black bed liner. I scuffed the plastics with 000 steel wool, wiped with thinner and sprayed. Turned out awesome!! Very durable and spot painting blends perfect. When I have enough posts in I'll drop some piks. Cheers!!

My Cowl is done with Rustoleum Rattle Can Bedliner. Turned out great. I really like the look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm really pretty happy with the results as well. Thinking of doing the silver part of my plastics as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking of doing the red and silver of the faring as well, not a fan of the tricolor, may graphic the tank with something.

Sender1,
design and fabricate

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I looked into the amount cans but decided to make my own for now. I run a fab shop so I'm going to attempt to make them out of reclaimed lumber ( thin and light ) and then have them glassed. Finished with the same bed liner. The boxes are easy, the hard part is getting my ass in gear to do it!

Sender1,
design and fabricate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts