Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've been riding dirtbikes for several years so naturally the only kind of riding pants I own are motocross pants with no pockets. I like everyone else, am on a budget and would like to cut costs where I can. Question, can I get by with my present motocross pants/without pockets for a medium adventure ride, say about 4days with graviel road pavement mix? Or what other pants options would you all recommend, maybe just levi's are good enough??? And what about boots, I must have about three pairs of motocross boots too.

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
basement-

The jacket pockets get loaded up, but I don't like to have stuff in my pants digging into my leg or butt.

My pants could have no pockets and I wouldn't miss them.

The only thing woth motocross boots is that they might not be comfy for walking about. If that doesn't bother you, though, no issue.

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Tom on this one. If your pants fit right you shouldn't be able to get much of anything in the pockets as it is without it getting uncomfortable. I never put anything in my riding pants (plus all the zippers and velcro are annoying as shit).

If you do want to look at boots or pants, NewEnough.com usually has good stuff on clearance. That's where I get 90% of my gear.

And in interest of total honesty...I should wear my armored pants all the time. I don't. For work, I usually put on a pair of long johns from the draggin jeans folks. (Kevlar in the knee and butt...won't stop bones from snapping, but might save some skin).

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If I'm riding, I'm wearing my Aerostich Darien pants..
Not only are they excellent protection, I'm pretty sure they make me look sexy, too..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
What's up with the lifetime premium member bling???

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
What's up with the lifetime premium member bling???
More new changes from the new owner.. More info to come later..

Instead of we moderators getting our enormous paychecks, we're now lifetime premium members..:)

Rumor has it that there will be some Cafe Press trinkets for sale in the near future.. Stickers, etc.. I think my favorite Bacon saying has been stolen for a sticker, too..

Lots of cool changes to the forum, and I have a hunch it's going to be a bit more busy with tying the forum into a forum network.. If only I could find a VFR/KLR/Wing/Airhead forum??:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Hmmmmmm....change huh?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I fear change. ;)

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
Just keep your pants off the ground, pants off the ground...

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Change is good if it jingles!
:D
I bought a barely used Aerostich Darien jacket to replace my very worn one.. I found this one on eBay for $140 less than new, and it's still stiff from lack of use.

Anyway, the right arm has an outside pocket for toll change, and inside was almost $2 worth!! Whoo Hooo!!! It's almost like the jacket was free!!!! (or at least the box it was shipped in).:(

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just keep your pants off the ground, pants off the ground...

Tom
These are my FirstGear pants after a 40mph slide. They likey would not have had this much damage but my pocketknife was in my rear pocket and the clip poked through the fabric then dug into the asphalt. None the less I walked away w/o even an abrasion on jeans let alone my butt.

Here is my pocketknife next to my wallet which was also in my pocket. Check out the clip on the knife.

Good gear seems expensive until you hit the ground at speed then it suddenly becomes a bargain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts