Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not posting this to spread doom and gloom. I am simply reminding everyone just how vulnerable we really are as parents and more important, how every second we get to spend with our children is a blessing. Jason was amazing. He preached at our church many times and never ceased to leave me astonished not only with his love for and his knowledge of the Lord...but also because he had that something special that many of us recognize in some but don't know quite how to put into words. I post this to remind all parents to spend time with your children. Teach them about goodness and love and what lies beyond this world as we know it. Jason was also a dear friend of my daughter's, and in her words "Jason was their world".

http://sports.aol.com/ncaabb/tourney/story/_a/uncs-student-mascot-dies-after-accident/20070326131009990002?ncid=NWS00010000000001

For those of you who believe....please pray for his family. Thank you.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's a perfect example of how we don't control our lives, and that God has bigger plans than we can imagine. Through life or death.

I firmly believe that we are put here for a specific amount of time, and each and every one of us serves a purpose. Even if it means we die in what some people might say, "Too Soon" for their time. Actually, when I read stories about really great and inspirational people dying tragically... I read past the sorrow that the loved ones are feeling. I think about the positive things that this person's death can bring about in other people that knew him or read the story and was touched.

If his death saved one soul, then he didn't die in vain. He served his purpose and God called him home.

For instance, how many of you ride just a little slower, or take that second glance at your riding jacket before you head out the door after hearing about a friend that lost their life riding their motorcycle?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts