Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the micro fiche and could not find a gasket set at all. I need the right cover gasket. I will post a picture up as soon as i can but there is a curved piece of gasket hanging out it the top forward portion of the right case. I hope its just a clutch cover case... its not leaking much at all so i have just been riding with it and keeping an eye on my oil level. Help... I suppose i need to buy the maintenance manual as well. Exhaust is working great.. Mucho power.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Yeah, if it is the outter case, that is your clutch cover. If you do have to remove that cover, you must completely remove the clutch shaft that comes out at the top of the case that your clutch cable connects to. You simply have to rotate it CCW IIRC and pull straight up. The shaft itself has an indentation that slides over a button on the clutch. The case will not come off till you have done this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
found it... thanks, i was looking under wrong slide... its under engine covers... Mrcycles was a little cheaper. but mrcycles diagrams are not as clear.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Rock river arms match upper. eotech, cobray 37mm signal launcher. Just one of my favorite toys.
Gotcha.. Sounds like a fun weapon!! I've got a CMMG upper/lower 16" mid-length, and a RRA stripped lower that I put a Model 1 Sales 20" Heavy Varmint together on..

I like the Varmint rifle so much, I'm seriously thinking about selling the CMMG combo.. I'm mostly into the older Milsurp stuff, but the AR's are fun to shoot.:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love to shoot my Remington 700 whenever i can find a place to stretch it out. i drive 2 hours one way just to shoot 700 yards. Also love my H&K tactical 12GA, 9 rounds of 12GA as fast as you can pull the trigger. And the 17HMR savage with acu-trigger is a tack driver out to 100 yards.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a form 4 waiting on the BATFE's desk waiting for my 9mm suppresser, and im three weeks out of getting my RRA 9mm A4 that i paid 875 shipped.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
A man after my own heart.. :)

I'm less tactical, and more historical (WWII bolt guns/Garands/Carbines/etc) and hunting (more bolt guns/over-under shotguns/.22's), but it's all preference..

What counts is that you get out and shoot!! Enjoy those guns!!!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts