Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody heard of 'em?

OK, I have friend who's been after me to go on ride with these guys and I did a few weeks ago. What they do is show up (at the request of the family only) and show respect with a flag line and a presence at the final services for those deceased or injured, returning from the middle east theatre. I went to a funeral for a young Marine L/Cpl and had my hand shaken, and thanked, by every police officer, fire professional, clergy aand family frirnd in the town of Two Rivers Wisconsin. The LEOs want you there and will be brief you on behavior in the event that demonstrators attempt to disrupt the services. It's solemn, respectful and IMHO a small price to pay in return for thieir ultimate sacrifice.

Yes, I am biased (23years, 5 months and 17 days active service in the USMC).

I'm off the soap box now - just wanted to get this thought out to those who are unaware and may want to participate.

Here's a link: http://patriotguard.org/

I hope this is fitting within the confines of this environment!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I registered the day after I met you in person.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I'll check out the web site tonight and if it is what I think it is I will register and be willing to ride ANYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE LINK !!!!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I registered a few months back, had a funeral to attend a few miles away, but couldn't get off work. Wouldn't you know it, the jackasses from Topeka showed up at this particular funeral also. Sure wish I could have been there to support the family.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Top, we don't have them out here, but with all the vets in this area, "those" kinds of people are far and few between. They did enact a law though that clearly makes it a crime to do that 1 hour before, or after a funeral, and within something like 200 yards of the cemetary. I'd ride in a second with a group around here if we had them. I too am very biased.
Semper fi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's growing Guns! I guess the midwest seems to be where this is getting started but people are becoming more aware, and incensed at the disruptions taking place at these kids funerals and homecomings. On the good side - most of htese disruptions are not recieveing the publicity they desire.

Thanks for the support to all!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Top, it's growing by one, I just got my membership ap in the mail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been a member for almost a year now......thankfully there have been no local funerals to attend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts