Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2008 KLR650 and love it. The guy I bought it from had bought a PD Nerf plus Skid Plate kit from Happy Trails. But there are no directions and the brackets that would attach just below the tank on each side are missing. I would like to install this, but I have been unable to get any information or help from Happy Trails. I would appreaciate information from anyone who has installed this mod.

·
Administrator
8,305 Posts
FEAR -

Here's the dealio on those brackets.

The first design was flawed. The bars were made from a rather thin mild steel and they could bend into the radiator and that was Not Good.

HT redesigned the brackets and began shipping them about a year ago with the PD bars. The redesigned brackets are considerably thicker and stiffer.

They also offer them for sale for about $20.

http://www.happy-trail.com/Products/PD-Nerf-Crossover-Update-Kit-for-08--KLR650__HTP-spc-CROSSOVER.aspx

The solution here is to just go to the HT site and order up a pair of the new brackets.

They will be willing to throw a set of instructions in with the new brackets, I'm sure, but the directions are best used to keep your beer from making a ring on the coffee table.

Once you get a set of brackets, we can walk you through the install.

Tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I'll get the new brackets on order.

Much Appreciated,
Fear

1 - 3 of 3 Posts