Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size Pelican case do you have? I am not sure what I am going to put in it but I would like it to be big enough for rain gear and or a couple things from the grocery.

How did you install it?
Do you lock it? How?

·
Registered
452 Posts
any pics of the mounted cases trying to compare size and fit on the gen 2 thanks

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
I use the 1550's too. Just saw a guy ion vacation with a Gen 2 with 1550's on a MotoTech rack. Looked good.

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
I think the OP was thinking side cases.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My suggestion for side cases is lid stays. The cases are alot easier to access your gear and to load and unload. With the lid stays you will keep your stuff from falling out and have a table top. Also you can come up with some kind of webbing to keep gear in. If you go that route let me know I'm in research mode as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the cheap KLR owners out there. Bolton tools makes a case almost identical to the pelican 1500. They sell for about 50 bucks on amazon. They have pick and pluck foam also. I have used on with great results. Rain and all. They also sell one size bigger for 70 something.

Hope this helps someone save a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have many Pelicans I use for camera gear and intend to use a couple of toploaders for side cases. Haven't decided what size to use yet for the top case but it will probably be deep enough to slip a helmet into.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a full set of 35 liter cases (side/top) that I got from Roger at Caribou Luggage.
I had them mounted on my BMW G650gs and could carry all my gear with the exception of softgoods that went in a drybag lashed to the rear seat.

I'm looking forward to mounting them on a KLR soon.

Roger is an awsome dude to work with and a really nice guy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts