Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a feature that would allow members to create their own website, just a page or two, that would let you choose from a few different design templates, and allow you enter and edit info in the site as you please.

I would like to offer as many free services as I can, but one such as this would require a small fee, probably $25.00 per year just to help cover bandwidth and hosting addons.

I am asking to see if this feature would actually hold any interest in the community, before I tie up a ton of time and money into the project. If I knew there would be a fair number of people intersted (25+) It might be worth the effort, if it isnt a big deal to anyone, I may just wait a while before trying to implement it.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I agree with TP Cracker, too many free places.

Although I pay $5 a month for mine at "FREEWEBS.COM" I guess I have too many pages for the free stuff anymore.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Idea I am going on is the site would be something like username.klrforum.com

It would keep everything in the same space. It may not be worth doing, but I dont want to leave an options out.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I could see how a KLR specific page would be cool. I've been kinda toying aroud with throwing up my own website about MY bike with pics of the mods and mini road trips and stories and such.

It would be kind of cool to have a place where we can store our pics and write ups in a kind of Readers Digest condensensed page of sorts.

I think I'd be in depending on how it looked and functioned of course. (Us designers are picky about our surroundings) :lol:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the offer but I have some of my own sites that I can tack onto.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I am going to link the website (If I even decide to go through with it) from another domain, I also own the domain klr650.us so i am going to park any user sites there to spread the work load and keep the servers happy :wink:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depending on what you can offer, it might be interesting. It must be FTP and support all the know weird winsucks stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts