Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this '05 today for 3K. The bike has 402 miles on it...no, really I swear! The guy bought it and screwed up his back at work so he could no longer ride. He kept it garaged until now in hopes of being able to use it again someday but he is about to move across the country and was liquidating all his stuff. No farkles on it (yet) but it came with the extended warranty until 2010 and he even threw in a really nice aluminum loading ramp....Anyone know if that tailbag originally came with a rain cover?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Sadly no raincover, that is why I went with a plastic trunk. Nice looking ride. Looks identical to my buddy's bike. I would suggest the essential farkles first, then those that will make it your unique ride. Essential being, doo hickey, sub frame bolt upgrade, Carb T mod, possibly front springs depending on your size. Make sure the safety switches, clutch and kickstand work, myself I bypassed them, but that is an option for you to decide. Loctite all the bolts on the fairing, muffler, side panels, battery cover, and any others you can get too, they tend to vibrate loose a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DXK, thanks for that info. I've been trying to read up as much as possible before I start asking questions that have been answered innumerable times and have already gleaned alot of great info from the site but actually reading which upgrades are higher priority is priceless.

Joe, as far as the price is concerned, I was all ready to start negotiating with him and he told me 3K and I was rendered speechless. Hate to nickel and dime a guy to death so I just agreed on the price. Later he called me and asked me if I would like to "buy" his extended warranty for an extra $400.00. When I told him Kawasaki would transfer it to me at no charge, HE was rendered speechless:)

·
Registered
603 Posts
Great buy.The 05 is the best year LOL.I would definetly do the doo.Both Kays and mine were ok kinda.The spring on mine had no tension.No problems with the subframe bolts,I just make sure they stay tight.The first thing I did was to tighten up the rear brake linkage for better stopping power.Helped a bunch.Don't know how much riding your planning to do,but a corbin flat,imho,was the best investment I made on the bike.Have fun farkling.

Happy Trails

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts