Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, pleased to be a part of this forum I just picked up my first KLR today shes a 2002 got a decent deal so far it was sitting for a while and wont run unless choke is out so if anyone has any advice i could sure use some im fairly mechanicly inclined but a lil slow on carburators Look forward to talking with everyone! Im also a rider switching from big cruisers to the KLR world. Last ride was a 2005 susuki bulavard c90

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cloged low speed jet. Completely blocked main jet and the air slider was stuck! All cleanand started right up like a champ! Can't wait to ride it. Pulled all the plastics off for polishing and restore...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thats low miles and a good deal, congrats

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
It's nice having a single carb with only a coupla circuits.
Glad you got your glitch nailed out fairly easily and totally Cheaply.

They are widely adjustable within KLR operating parameters.
I run a little fat at WOT for insurance at 6,000 rpms. (#155 main)

Have fun!,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! Had a few issues with the float sticking open. Flooding it out had to pull bowl off and clean it several times:( had it off road for the first time today couple west Virginia hill climbs not bad on packed dirt and loose shall but stock tires are horrible on light mud. Any suggestion on a good tire that's pavement friendly too? I love the stock ones on the road they cling nicely to windy back roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts