Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past month, my seat has finally torn pretty good on both sides. Perfect excuse for an upgrade. I've been doing 90% + riding on the road. Some of my latest long mileage treks have left me a bit sore. What's the go to seat for road riding comfort?

Word on the street I've been hearing is a Sargent and Saddlemen brand...

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went with a Russell day-long. It's expensive, but it's custom built and hands down the most comfortable motorcycle seat I've ever seen. Ridden all day only stopping for gas with no soreness at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't have any pics on my phone with me. I'll get one tonight when I get home for you though.
Here's a link to their website photo gallery in the mean time:
http://www.day-long.com/gallery/kawaski/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 on Seat Concepts. You use your existing seat pan and DIY install their new foam and cover kit. You can choose either standard or low version. I picked up an extra pan and now have one of each. The standard will sit you a little higher than stock but is better for a high mileage day. The low helps you get a foot down if you're kinda short legged, like me. All you need is a heavy duty staple gun, like an Arrow T50, etc., and some staples. To me the foam density on either version is perfect - neither too hard nor too soft.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Like my Sargent a lot. Kind of wish I'd ponied up for the Russell

·
Registered
894 Posts
From the title "Picking my seat" I was thinking maybe a little Gold Bond powder might help with any itch problems.

I just bought a Sargent and so far I'm not that impressed but everyone's butt is different.

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts
+1. Like getting a stone bruise. Some folks love 'em though. To each his own.
+2, hated my Corbin in a big way! Only good thing, it was super easy to sell and put the money towards a Seat Concepts kit... I really liked the Seat Concepts kit, but if I had to do it all again I think I would have tried a Sargent or a Day Long seat. Most of my riding was on the road, so lots of sitting time! Lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
You might want to contact other Klr owners in your area and see if you could meet up and try the seats they have. It could probably make up mind pretty quick . Wish I could have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think there are a whole lot of KLRs in Columbus Mississippi, but not a bad idea. Hands on (or butts on) is always best.

Anyone try the Moose Racing/Adv Seat?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't know what it's worth but I had a Saddleman's on my Boulevard that I just traded. Yeah, it's a different animal than the KLR but the seat and service from them was beyond exemplary. Had I problem with it when I first got. Gave them some personal info like height, weight etc. along with a few photos of me on the bike. Had to pay an extra $75 to recover the seat (it was expensive to start with), but they were up front about that. End result is what I got back far exceeded my expectations and worth every penny, including the aggravation. I'm going to be replacing the seat on my KLR and will be interested in what you get so leave reply. I'm also going to check out the Russell seat, but according to their website it adds an inch or more to seat height. I'd actually like to drop an inch or two and get my feet flat on the ground.

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts