Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a jardine exhaust and I also have the studebaker needle jet kit with drill bit and all but no direction's Does anyone have pictures of the procedure for where to drill the diaphram and how to install the washer's on the needle ?
Please I am all torn apart now and really want to finish this tonight
Thank You

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Drilling the SLIDER not the diaphram!!!
It's the small hole at the edge of the slide not the one in the centre.....it only needs to be drilled to exactly 7/65ths! If you haven't got that size don't drill it bigger.
The washers...#4 stainless go on the needle to lift it up in the carb so that would be under the clip..IIRC. Been a long time..
What studerbaker needle kit? Is it a new needle? Does it have multiple clip rings? If so...no washers needed...it should have instructions where to put clip on the needle best suited for our bike.
If not...put one washer under clip of stock needle and go with that....IMHO

Post up pics of your studerbaker kit...then we can help more...hopefully.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
If you have the studebaker needle kit, you don't need the washers. Put the e-clip in the second from top or middle position. The washers are if you are going to leave the factory needle installed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it said to install the washer's on top of the circlip, evidently it hold's the needle from sliding up and down between the white teflon insert or spring guide if you can call it that !
Anyway the stock needle what would normally be a circlip is pretty thick compared to a circlip on the studebaker needle so that's why you use the washer's on top of the clip, I hope this makes sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts