Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah, I stole this from ADV, but I like the folks here and what prospective they might have with a camera..

So, what cool pics did you take this week???

To celebrate my new toy, and the 2200 miles of rain free riding to get it home...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah, I stole this from ADV, but I like the folks here and what prospective they might have with a camera..

To celebrate my new toy, and the 2200 miles of rain free riding to get it home...

I don't have a cool pic, but that's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm admitting a slight cheat here.. I took the following photos a touch over a week ago.
First.. Our very own Sleddog's Long Distance Goldwing in full rally mode.. I have to give him props since he gave me some excellent info on my ride back this last weekend.. The man knows the roads..

And a couple more from the rally....

Flying Breadpan.. The sidecar was fabricated out of breadpan aluminum from a bread factory..

And the best looking KLR at the Bonzia Rally??

·
Lifetime Member
2,481 Posts

Lol! Looks like your giving the Orkin man a run for his money! :)

Nothing cool to take pics of here, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Cap'n V, Oldstove, SLO-KLR and Red Burrito, standing on a Musselman Bridge; I was too scared to venture out.

Long Canyon; we'll be down on that road in a bit...

And almost home...

T

Reactions: Peter G. Wilkins

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think the rules are no posts without a picture.....

This is one order of fries & 1/2 of a hamburger (the other 1/2 is across the table in front of my wife) Bob's Bar in Martinsburg, NE

This weekend is going to be nice. I have mapped a 760 mile Trans South Dakota trail 95% on Gravel. It follows along the James & Missouri Rivers before heading across the National Grasslands, where there's mucho ponds filled with Bass & Bull Bluegills, just waiting for someone to toss them a Pheasant Tail Nymph! The route will head back south skirting along the Southern Badlands, finally ending in Southern Black Hills. I'm going to ride & camp along a segment of it. Hopefully I'll get some cool pics along the way to post to this thread!

Nice Post Paper

Sleddog

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jack,
You might possibly have some new photos??

I do, but mine are just boring "affair" pics.. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok Dan, here it is.

The ride was great! Better than expected. I took off about 2:00 PM Friday afternoon & rode the first 1/2 of a gravel road route that ended in Pierre, SD. (pronounced Peer)

The Bike loaded & ready to head out.

Shortly after arriving on the james River Gravel, I ran into a Grandfather & his Granddaughter fishing the flooded waters.

Shelby with her catch

Stone Church along the James

Livestock on the open Range

Camp near Ft Randall

I like Murals so never pass up an opportunity

Some of the roads are long & straight

A few more on the next post

·
Registered
122 Posts
The 1806 road commemorates Lewis & Clark's journey South after exploring the Pacific Northwest.

It's hard to believe this was in use a year before I got out of High School.

This was a house on the National Grasslands. Land that was Homesteaded, then given back to the Government because it was too hard to farm. Someone had money to build a house like this.

It will be fun to continue the route West across the Prairie, Badlands & finally the Black Hills.

Sleddog

·
Registered
44 Posts

Pics from the Hoh Rainforest Saturday, 11 June.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As always, the photos are excellent, Jack!!

My week was less eventfull.. First, we had a nasty storm and the tree across the street blew down.. No damage, but it sounded like a shotgun!!

And I went to Peoria for a windshield for my GS and I managed to leave my Blackberry at the dealership that I met the guy at.. :( They're mailing it to me, though...:49:

Got a few Affair with Water Grand tour photos.. One was a town in IL that I'd never heard of..

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good weekend of riding!

Hack

Those are wild mustangs guys

Miles and miles of open range riding

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where is this road?
Just outside of Guelph..

:character00271:

Just kidding.. It's East of Lewiston, Idaho on highway 12, which takes you to the Lolo Pass.. I went through there to bring my bike home a couple weeks ago.

I really do like Guelph, though.. :) The locals always found it funny that I actually knew how to pronounce the name.. Gwelf..

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Paper,

You had me all excited. Did you live in Guelph at one time?
No.. Been through there on vacation a few times while wandering ON, and I'd been there a bunch of times with a former employer, setting up equipment at a steel shop..
Put it this way, the first time I went through there, there wasn't a bypass..:)

Just a really nice smaller city..

And because Jack said I can't post here without tossing a photo up..

1 - 20 of 292 Posts