Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to reduce the size of the plastic side covers, anyone know of an aftermarket alternative?

·
Lifetime Member
2,485 Posts
I would like to reduce the size of the plastic side covers, anyone know of an aftermarket alternative?
I don't know of any smaller aftermarket side covers, but I have seen a few gen 2's where people just leave them off. I personally don't really care for the look, but to each their own! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
FWIW, I thought about taking mine off since you basically have to to remove the seat. Well, I drilled some 1" holes so I can access the seat bolts without taking the covers off. Still a clean look but no need to hassle with removal so often now.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I don't know of any smaller aftermarket side covers, but I have seen a few gen 2's where people just leave them off. I personally don't really care for the look, but to each their own! :)
Agreed; I think they look much better with the side covers and the Gen2 covers are pretty small as it is.

2 cents,
Dave

·
Registered
259 Posts
I also replace the bolt with a phillips screw. I found that using a magnetic screwdriver is necessary otherwise it will not quite hang on and fall in unknown, unwanted places. I suppose a button head allen would work as well.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Now il thinking, hex head?
Only if you carry a magnetic socket. I did that at first, but no magnetic socket, and the bolt kept falling down or darn near impossible to put back in place.

AFA looks, I guess I was not concerned about looks. I just wanted some simplicity.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Never thought of that.

I don't use the seat bolts. The front clip does it's thing, and the trunk just holds
the back well enuff. The seat can still be removed (or stolen) in seconds. I like
the allen head idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts