Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive never changed a front sprocket before. I got a 16t from eagle mike and one side has the word sunstar and the other has that huge looking washer about 2 or 3 millimeters thick. does the washer go towards the bike with letters facing out? I have a 2016. If that matters. I ask cause I seen a youtube video were the guy put the letters in. My other question is will they be a little louder than the stock? any help would be really appreciated!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a Sunstar 14 ready to install, but haven't done so yet. When changing sprocket I always lay old and new on a flat surface to see how the teeth line up.

For now take a look at Watt-Man's write up of his front sprocket install. Nicely written up and photos. The answer is in there. In a world of Interweb bs, I trust this guy.

http://www.watt-man.com/uploads/Installinga17.pdf

Can't comment on the noise...yet. :wink2:

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Installing aftermarket countershaft sprocket (stock tooth count), I faced the same dilemma: Shoulder inside or outside?

I put the shoulder inside, reasoning: If it's THERE, must be for some PURPOSE. Shoulder outside serves no function I could discern; shoulder inside locates sprocket center plane relative to case.

From Watt-man's article, I think I guessed right! (Used no shim, thought nut cinched up adequately.)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I found a few old videos that confirmed I did it correct. I did what you did. It line up great and a 16t is by far the best mod so far on this bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts