Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to source some Polisport plastics (ideally just the two front left plastics). But, the Canadian prices from importationsthibault.com (Canadian Polisport Distributor) are insane. I've tried to buy from a few USA online retailers, but they're not allowed to ship outside of USA due to their agreements.

Polisport wants $200/each for the plastics. I could buy the whole plastics kit in the USA for around $500 CDN.

Any thoughts? Anyone had to source new plastics for their KLR here in Canada?

Looking forward to riding soon...

Anthony

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Have you actually tried a Kawasaki dealership? I was surprised at the pricing when I bought a rear fender for mine.

What is your location?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Klr4evr,

I'm in Edmonton as well, but new to the KLR and motorcycle scene...

From what I've seen, the prices for OEM (lower left fairing) $320, and the upper cowling is $199. Waiting for Coopers to get back to me with an exact quote...

I'd save a bit if I was able to at least find the lower left fairing from Polisport ($200).

Anthony

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Maybe give E&S a try in Fort Sask. I've usually got pretty decent pricing from them.

Alternately have you looked or are you familiar with DYK Post?? Basically you get stuff shipped to a postal address in Sweetgrass. They pick it up and bring it back to Edmonton and all for a veery reasonable cost so I am told. haven't used it myself but friends in the Miata Club use it regularly and are very happy with the service and cost. Most times you get the US leg of the shipping free in the USA.

https://www2.dykpost.com

https://3dcycleparts.com/KLR-650-Gen-2-Lower-Fairing-Shrouds-2008-2018-Polisport-p178697011

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks - I hadn't heard about the DYK before!

I gave E&S a call - ended up ordering from them for the cowling. Coopers in Edmonton, never even got back to me about my request for parts or pricing.

I'm going to try and just repair the rad fairing/shroud. Hopefully, I'll wait a bit longer and find a used one in good repair, rather than spending +$200 for the one Poliesport piece (OEM it costs $340). This is an expensive nap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts