Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took the cowling off my 2009 to install a Stebel horn, and when I got her buttoned back up, I had these two allen head bolts left over. I searched her over, top to bottom, front to back, but can't remember where they came from. They are exactly the size of the two allen heads that secure the front cowling (headlights, etc) to the instrument panel.

I distinctly remember the moment when I removed these two orphan bolts: I remarked t myself at the time, "these two are exactly like the ones from the front cowl-to-instrument panel...I won't have to mark them, cause they are the same size, so no harm in mixing them".

Guess I shoulds marked them, huh!!

Any wrenchers out there got a guess as to where they go?

Thanks,
CW

OOPS! forgot the pics...see next post.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two bolts on either side of the cluster, recessed in the fairing.
Nope, these two orphans are exactly like the ones on either side of the cluster, recessed in the fairing: same size, color, thread, allen head...everything. But the ones you suggested are already in place.

Thanks anyhow,
CW

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you use the TT bracket? That would account for at least one of them.

·
Registered
257 Posts

I distinctly remember the moment when I removed these two orphan bolts: I remarked t myself at the time, "these two are exactly like the ones from the front cowl-to-instrument panel...I won't have to mark them, cause they are the same size, so no harm in mixing them".

Guess I shoulds marked them, huh!!

:)
Sorry, had to laugh only cause I've said the same thing to myself like a milllion times.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The previously orphaned bolts have now been reinstalled in their proper palces. Thanks everybody!!! Especially Human Ills!

I love this forum!

CW

·
Registered
269 Posts
for every left over screw you have, you are supposed to carry one extra zip tie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts