Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oi, so I noticed this morning while sitting at a light that frequently refuses to acknowledge the presence of bike, that there was a wee bit of coolant in my skid plate.
So, I get to work a few min later and see that yup, definitely seems like a bit of coolant coming from the water pump. I'm guessing the weep hole, but I'll check that later tonight.
Assuming it is a seal issue, I just wanted to know if anyone can confirm these part numbers as correct for Gen 2 bikes as well.
http://www.klr650.marknet.us/wpump.html

Thanks,
Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Oi, so I noticed this morning while sitting at a light that frequently refuses to acknowledge the presence of bike, that there was a wee bit of coolant in my skid plate.
So, I get to work a few min later and see that yup, definitely seems like a bit of coolant coming from the water pump. I'm guessing the weep hole, but I'll check that later tonight.
Assuming it is a seal issue, I just wanted to know if anyone can confirm these part numbers as correct for Gen 2 bikes as well.
http://www.klr650.marknet.us/wpump.html

Thanks,
Cheers,

I would doubt you have a bad seal on an 09. Check the hose clamps and hoses. How long were you at the light? Long enough to get hot and blow coolant out the overflow?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's been a while since my original post on this as I was hoping the same. It's just getting progressively worse and it does it when it's not even getting hot, or even very warm.
And it's only wet around the weep hole and below it. It's not a lot, but it's definitely there. I can't find anywhere else it would be coming from.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been home 45 min now. Just felt the weep hole and it's wet and slightly oily. Though I suspect the "oily" is just road grime. Definitely seems to be the weep hole though. :(
Does not look like "fun wrenching" of a job. I'd rather not if I could avoid it but I may have to sell her soon as I have a new baby due in December and need to get a car again. I won't sell to anyone if I think anything is wrong with it.

·
Administrator
8,277 Posts
TrabFTW -

Congratulations on the blessed event-to-come!

Take a gander at the video on cleaning your oil screen. It's really not that bad to get the side cover off.

T

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Congrats dude!

·
Administrator
8,277 Posts
Your bike is worthless. You'll get nothing for it. In fact, you will probably have to pay to get someone to take it off your hands. Junk, I say.

Might as well keep the heap, eh?

Is there any other rationale we can offer to get you to keep it?

T

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I can keep it, I absolutely will. I'd love to keep it and keep it as my daily. Fuel and riding is great and whatnot. But chances are, will need the money :(
I did try to convince the wife that the rear rack is perfect for a babyseat. Ohhh the look I got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts