Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Was setting out to work this afternoon when my trusted 2010 KLR....just stopped. It was not fun pushing her 600+ metres home. She was full of fuel also!!! There is no power to the lights, starter, neutral light on the dash...nothing. I had a quick look after work tonight and found the 20amp fuse was burnt out on the switch (this is what it's called on the OEM parts list) that hides behind the plastic cover near the starter motor. I replaced the fuse which failed again in a second. Has anyone had this happen. This switch (or relay) could have just failed who knows. I was just glad it happened close to home and not 100kms down road....that would have really messed up my Sunday ride.

Cheers Trent (Australia)

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Is your bike affected by the recall for chafing of the wire harness?

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Is your bike affected by the recall for chafing of the wire harness?
TK2,
Technically your 2010 would not have been included in the 2009 recall campaign, of 2008-2009 models.

But I will 'bank on' one of those same problem spots from then, being Your Problem, if and only if your bike is 100% stone stock. If modified in anyway, all bets are off. Check any modifications, First.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update. Bike is at the Doc. Will post on it's fault tomorrow. I'm guessing a short of some kind as posted by pdwestman. Stay tuned!! PS thanks for your input. Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Well she's back. Turned out to be water in one of the wiring loom plugs under the fuel tank. I had washed my bike a day before so it must have found it's way in there somehow. Lesson learnt!! Advice....be careful how you wash your bike.
Cheers TK2

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
You realize now that someone is going to scold you for washing a KLR!!??

Thanks for the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts