Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey from Texas everyone. I found myself a 2009 KLR with less than 700 miles on it sitting in an older gentleman's garage. All it needed was a quick carb rebuild and it runs like a top now. Originally bought it to fix and resell but I like it so much I'm thinking I'll hang onto it for a while. Still needs new tires (recommendations welcome), oil change and some warn out rubber pieces replaced but it's a solid bike. Very happy with my decision to take the risk on it.

·
Administrator
3,609 Posts
I see 700 miles not 700 dollars.
Hey, we’re all dyslexic now and then.

Sounds like a great find. Post a picture.

Reactions: Tym

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oil burning can be a major issue like others have said. It is worth doing a big bore if you are keeping the bike. My turn signal rubber boots disintegrated on my 08 resulting in flopping signals. I bought a stalk delete kit but a lot of people just throw on aftermarket. I like the look of the originals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had an 08 KLR650 and it did not burn a drop of oil.
Hi Terry
I keep asking myself why this happens, some do use oil, some don't. I have a few theories i'm looking into. (Yup P Westman's mod solves this 99.9%) but could there be other issues? I'm looking into it sort of. in due time lol . I'm looking for an answer that fits the narrative better, if it was a design issue they should all do it imo, but not all do and i find that very interesting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey from Texas everyone. I found myself a 2009 KLR with less than 700 miles on it sitting in an older gentleman's garage. All it needed was a quick carb rebuild and it runs like a top now. Originally bought it to fix and resell but I like it so much I'm thinking I'll hang onto it for a while. Still needs new tires (recommendations welcome), oil change and some warn out rubber pieces replaced but it's a solid bike. Very happy with my decision to take the risk on it.
make sure to search for the "Common new klr owner mistakes" on this forum (by Dave P) good info for new owner

Tire recommendations require knowing what you ride on most

1 - 11 of 11 Posts