Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 KLR
The first time I rode this KLR the bike understeered a bunch. Adjusting the rear shock from 1 to 3 made a difference but the frontend still wandered through the corners, drifted in the lanes, and had the typical KLR dive.

I removed, drained, flushed, drained overnight, filled with synthetic #5 fluid, and installed MotoWizard Preload Adjusters at 50%. The KLR handles much better with a little wandering in the corners, some lane drift, and very little KLR dive.

Today I installed an Eagle Fork Brace. What a difference. It was windy when I went for a test ride. The KLR handled very well even though it was being blown around the freeway and river road. The forks held the line through the corners very well. Lane drift was difficult to measure because of the winds though was stable for the windy condition. The little bit of KLR dive could be resolved with more preload, or Ricor fork valves, or Progressives fork springs. I might add the Ricor fork valves if needed.

The MotoWizard Preload Adjusters made a very big difference when they were installed. Well worth the expense.

The Eagle Fork Brace makes the KLR very roadable and stable in extreme conditions. I can't imagine owning a KLR without the Eagle Fork Brace.

Both of these manufacturers care about their products and the people that purchase them.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Got a pic of the fork brace installed? I was thinking of going that way too and then adding a lowered fender.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a pic of the fork brace installed? I was thinking of going that way too and then adding a lowered fender.
EagleMike can help you with the photo, fork brace, and lowered fender, 619-261-1281. He has these on his 2006 Greenie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts