Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of moving all the aftermarket items from my #2 KLR (blown engine) to my #3 KLR I noticed that the prevailing torque nut I moved from the countershaft on #2 to #3 require very little torque to remove and reinstall. I ordered a new one which arrived yesterday.

The new nut required a reasonable torque to install with a 6 inch ratchet wrench once the threads on the shaft came through the outside edge of the nut and I am satisfied with it.

I wonder it anyone else has noticed one of these nuts losing tension on the shaft after a good number of removal and replacements.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
Mine haven't been on or off enough to make any difference but I've heard of this before......I think I'd consider these "wear items" that should be replaced periodically if used often.

Dave

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine haven't been on or off enough to make any difference but I've heard of this before......I think I'd consider these "wear items" that should be replaced periodically if used often.

Dave
I agree. It should be and has been replaced when it no longer feels secure on the shaft. It was only removed for replacing worn countershaft sprockets. I doubt that I have replace more than six sprockets. What ever the case is, it is now in the trash and a new one from Eagle Mike is on the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts
I agree. It should be and has been replaced when it no longer feels secure on the shaft. It was only removed for replacing worn countershaft sprockets. I doubt that I have replace more than six sprockets. What ever the case is, it is now in the trash and a new one from Eagle Mike is on the bike.
6 times isn't much. hmmm. The other person that wore one out said he was changing back and forth all the time.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts