Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike about a month ago and I'm 6'5 290 pounds. My bike is lowered two inches. If anybody knows where I can buy stock dog bone links for a rather cheap price PLEASE let me know. The two inches I'm the back and 3 in the front make off-roading very dangerous due to how easy it is to scrub little humps and bumps

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think I still have the originals after I raised my 2009. You can have them if I can find them, I'll look tonight.

I am 6'4" and raised mine an inch, you might want to consider it.

Just saw in another thread you have an '04, don't know if they will work.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
I bought my bike about a month ago and I'm 6'5 290 pounds. My bike is lowered two inches. If anybody knows where I can buy stock dog bone links for a rather cheap price PLEASE let me know. The two inches I'm the back and 3 in the front make off-roading very dangerous due to how easy it is to scrub little humps and bumps
NWGArider,
First up, we need to Confirm the year of the bike. '87-'07 or '08 & newer?
The rear links are Different thickness and lengths.

I'll guess you are riding the Older model, because the forks have been slid so far up the clamps. Be careful you don't bottom the Tire against the Fender and crash!

Dealers sometimes have 'Take-offs', laying around from the previous owners.
Eagle Manufacturing & Engineering, has 'Rising' links, which help taller / larger riders, like yourself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an 04 model and if somebody has stock ones for a pre 2008 I'd pay them for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts