Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post my finding on my 07. I have had the springs for a while just a matter of getting them installed. I drained the fork oil via the small screw at the bottom of the fork not the hex. ATF came out fairly clean good sign. Popped the caps and made a mess oh well. Installed prog spring from Progressive susp and took a educated guess on preload and marked the stock metal tube about a 1/4 inch above the triple bracket. Needless to say thats more than the instructions ask for even max. I read between the lines on everybodys comments about fluid replacement and went with 375 cc of new ATF. The big thing I found when I tugged on the front wheel while it was free floating I had a fair amount of steering shaft play. So I adjusted the nut and I see it has a locking tab that I assume will lock into place when the main triple nut is tightened down which was loose. Am I correct. Over all things feel good. About to run around the corner and see how it feels. I left room for more oil if needed any thoughts on what I would feel if I was under capacity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some findings the dive is smooth and feels solid and yes tends to firm up the deeper it goes. Overall not spongy but smooth till it gets firmer? Im still looking for input on what I would feel if the fluid was low? or to much which I really doubt. I would be curious what a couple of PSI in the chamber would do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts