Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the best mod to help improve handling at highway speeds, the progressive springs, or a fork brace? Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I suggest both. Springs to improve nose dive especially in corners and braking, and the brace to support the forks to provide a more stable front end to keep it from wallowing around. Each of the items you mentioned provide different areas of help for your bike.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For Brace Plus Progressive Springs

I agree, IMHO both are a requirement for highway riding. If I may add a few more things to the mix. Stainless steel brake lines are a huge improvement for handling. Also get rid of the floppy style O.E.M. hand guards in exchange for something like ACERBIS rigid style guards . Stabilize the front fender.

If you do the fork springs, it is well worth your time to drain, flush and refill the front forks with new shock oil/fluid.

Good luck, ride safe Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I've done the others. Now for the progressive springs and fork brace.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I suggest both. Springs to improve nose dive especially in corners and braking, and the brace to support the forks to provide a more stable front end to keep it from wallowing around. Each of the items you mentioned provide different areas of help for your bike.
+1, and What Bill Stanley said too!

Springs
Brace
SS lines

WOW!

MB4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts