Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i need to know what barkbusters will fit on my Protaper bars? The type that attach at the bar end and clamp to the bar. I Orderd some for protaper but they don't even come close.I dont think they were for ATV MID's. I am starting to really get frustrated trying to find some that fit.I have returned 3 different sets already.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I don't think you will find any that will fit without having to bend them some.
I put the D-Flex on two KLRs and I had to bend the guards a little for both bikes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem i keep running into is the clamp for the aluminum bar needs to go right where the clamp is for the crossbar on the protapers,Bending them wouldnt help at all, I think the aluminum bar needs to be longer

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the ProTaper SE ATV Mid bars on mine. I put on the Acerbis Rally Pro guards and they fit fine without bending.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Robert in Sadorus said:
Did you have to order any special hardware? Or did you just use the standard mount hardware?
No, I just used the standard hardware. They have a slot where the clamp screws to the barkbuster and it can be adjusted a little (maybe an inch or so). I had no problems at all putting them on.

Paul

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just had that exact same problem... you have to get the Maier ATV Barkbusters. They have a different part number than their MX line. They are the only ones that fit the ATV Bars because they have a larger sweep on them. The Maier's accomodate that, and the little clamp fits where it should. Fred now carries the correct part number for the ATV's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put Tusk D-Flex on my ATV High bars. At first I couldn't see how to get them on without modification. Posting got the key tip to keep the various fasteners REALLY loose to start with and slowly cycle through them several times while tightening. There is some amount of residual strain in them, but not bad and no modifications were needed. They've been, um, "field tested" quite a bit and have held up very well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
OK just got a set of D-Flex Handguards on ebay and well lets just say its looking more and more like I'm going to have to bend the handguards a little to get them to fit. They seem to bend out to much, it seem to need to be straighter to fit right. If any one can give me any suggestions I would appreciate it .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts