Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you stuff the tools directly into the tube. or do you use some sort of tool roll or stuff sack. If the latter, any recommendations?

Not sure I'd want the tools just floating in there. Seems like it'd be harder to keep track of them on the trail.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
It's hard to find the perfect tool wrap. I use one from Sears. I put too much crap in it to be able to use the Velcro straps around it when I get it rolled up, but I like all the little pockets in it for small stuff. As long as I'm careful sliding it in and out, I don't lose anything.

The sock is a great idea. I've heard other people just wrap their tools up in a towel or something along those lines.

·
Administrator
8,292 Posts
My stuff is in a couple of Viewtainers, and both are stuck in a sock so it's easy to pull them out.

T

·
Missed Gear
1,193 Posts
I have a wolfman tool roll that fits nicely in mine. I also use some small pouches that zip up.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
ZIP TIES! :character00268:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a pair of cheap cotton gloves ($1.79/pr) that I wrap around the stuff that rattles. Then I can wear them to protect my hands (or to keep them clean).
I also put my sockets in an old sock.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another Question

These are all some very good ideas, as well as the PM's I received. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I come up with.

One more question: Does 20" seem to be the approximate length you guys use when mounting the ABS tube up-front and low?

Thanks again,

Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Mine's 19-1/2" long. Don't know how I came to that length: just kind of held it up there and eyeballed it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I always wrap tools in a brand NEW white cotton T-shirt. I have used the T-shirt more times than the tools… once to bandage a nice cut.. (needed a new one) and once to take off my mud covered gear and slip the T on for a burger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts