Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd still use a dab of blue loctite to be safe.
Yeah I was surprised at how easily the little side panel screws can vibrate loose. I lost one already. Now I go around occasionally to tighten them all up. At least the seat gizmo can be checked by hand, no tool needed.

When I get done with all my farkles and fuel line issues, I'll 'blue' everything

When the gizmos arrive I'll report back re fitment. Mine is the Adventure model. I'm assuming there's enough clearance between the luggage racks and the seat receptacles for the gizmos, just by looking at the 3D site pics but...

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think these are cool I am going to get or make a set depending on the price;
They were $25 shipped (incl AR sales tax) from 3D. Not exactly cheap, but they'll def be nicer than anything I can jury-rig myself. Worth it to me, I'll be R&R-ing the seat pretty often for various reasons. They're supposed to arrive this Friday. I'm anxious to see if their overall length is such that they won't interfere with my panier racks (Adventure KLR here). No size specs on the 3D site, but they "look" like they should fit.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
My seat gizmos arrived and are installed. No interference from the pannier racks. As R&R is now a one-step procedure they'll save a little time. They also thread in easier than the OEM bolt/grommet arrangement does, sans any tendency to want to cross-thread like my OEM bolts do. And of course no tool is needed, and no way to drop little parts into hard to reach crevices. Worth the $25 ? For me, yeah pretty much.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I'd be surprised if the plastic knobs fall apart from bring exposed to the elements.

On mine, I left that little bit of red locker residue on them. They are never going to vibrate loose with that stuff on there, but are still not hard to remove by hand. YMMV

As far as tightening them goes, just a few hand turns until snug worked for me. No need to try and run the bolt in as far as humanly possible, plenty of purchase with a few light turns. Again, YMMV

As someone earlier mentioned, we don't really need any bolts at all to keep the seat in place, anyway. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts