Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had previously been to the mouth of the Rio Indio. And I shared the adventure by this same means. This time we decided to go to the Rio Indio source. It was a bumpy ride. I share some photos and a letter that I addressed to my fellow motorcyclists, among whom I include you members of this forum.

After the fall
To my relatives and to those who love me, to the motorcyclist colleagues who learned of my fall and to those who were present, I tell you that I waited for a few days to pass, to communicate, because I focused on the healing of physical wounds and now, As part of the recovery, sharing with you will also help me heal emotional wounds and then I will go on to heal the mechanical wounds of my beloved bike. I have not yet reviewed it, but as I continued driving it to the house in the Valley and thanks to the plating on the spot that the companions did to it, I estimate that it is only plastic that was damaged.
With the fall, 5 ribs were fractured and my right lung was injured. I spent 3 days in the hospital and now I am very well, under the circumstances, without pain and I must be 100% in another 5 weeks.
Thank you all for your interest in knowing my status.
The cause of the fall, I can summarize it by saying that instinct beat technique. Human error.
So the important thing is to know how to get up from our or our friends' falls and still want the bike.
I wait for the moment, to start the repair of the motorcycle and look for the parts that have been broken and make the repairs to strengthen the link and continue having fun as before.
And I end by saying that, "scabies with desire does not itch" and the fall, the bad thing is that I worried those who love me.
regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Glad that you are healing, Dicky. Great Pics, even of the crash. (sorry)

I nearly broke my Left Scapula last August while riding my real dirt bike (KX500) on a slower single track trail.
Wow was it sore for about 2 weeks, very weak and very limited range of motion. But my strength and range of motion began returning, so worries about possible torn rotator cuff diminished.
By week 5, I was back on the KLR at least.

Wishing You & your bike a speedy recovery. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am always accompanied by my personal photographer. LOL more pics.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts