Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever install these? I just ordered a set and wondering if there are any issues.

Jamie

EDIT: Shoot, just realized I posted this in the wrong spot :? Could one of the cool mods move it to wrenching for me?
Gracias.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'd be interested to hear the responses to this question myself. It's my next project. Haven't decided on brand yet, but am open to hearing from satisfied users of nonstock units.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the Acerbis standard Rally gaurds.
Here is a pic of them on my bike. Installation was pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was very interested in the Rally 2 but when I realized the guard was molded plastic instead of aluminum I looked elsewhere.

I just installed an awesome pair. Not too gaudy, and I think look well with the bike. They are called Acerbis Multi-Concept Touring.

I got just the guards in Silver for $25 and installed them onto my Maier ATV Bend Bark Busters. The pre-drilled holes on the Maier Bars don't quite line up, but it was no big deal to drill and tap new ones for a snug custom fit. I liked these over some of the others because it looks as if they would actually offer slightly better wind protection over some of the others at a fraction of the cost.

My original plan was to buy the Rally Pros, and get the Extended Spoilers, but I didn't like the fact that the spoiler part only came in either White or Black. And they were an additional $25 on top of the $84 for the guards. :shock:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is one fine looking piece of machinery. I look at one just like it every mornin'. 8)
Jamie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts