Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An Eagle Mike doohickey would be an even better tool for those caps.
twinjet,
Regrettably, you are Correct! It does fit the slots in the plastic caps nearly perfectly!

I was actually hoping that a genuine EM Doo-Hickey would be slightly too thick. Then I could have told you, "Sorry an EM Doo won't work for those plugs, because it's Over-Engineered".

I guess we will just use whatever we have been using anyways.

·
Administrator
8,262 Posts
Drat. And here I went and made a special tool for those plugs out of some flat bar stock.

It won't even open a beer. I'll have to work on that...

Tom

Reactions: Lockjaw

·
Registered
387 Posts
twinjet,
Regrettably, you are Correct! It does fit the slots in the plastic caps nearly perfectly!

I was actually hoping that a genuine EM Doo-Hickey would be slightly too thick. Then I could have told you, "Sorry an EM Doo won't work for those plugs, because it's Over-Engineered".

I guess we will just use whatever we have been using anyways.
There is, however, a design flaw in the multi-purpose doohickey that Mike failed to anticipate. The Eagle Mike doohickey is difficult to deploy against the cap slots when it's in the storage compartment of the KLR 650 engine. That said, Mike's design is still marginally better than Kawasaki's "hand grenade" self deployment design.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Really!? And to think I tossed mine. Stupid me. LOL

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really!? And to think I tossed mine. Stupid me. LOL
Troy, You are in the clear on this one.

The 2008 and Up OEM doo-hickey is Too Wide to fit!

Dare I say this, "under-engineered and over-built" like the rest of the bike. That is partly why you need to use the washer on the EM Doo.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Troy, You are in the clear on this one.

The 2008 and Up OEM doo-hickey is Too Wide to fit!

Dare I say this, "under-engineered and over-built" like the rest of the bike. That is partly why you need to use the washer on the EM Doo.
No sweat, I was being sarcastic anyhow.:smile2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts