Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
You either have a misplaced spacer or a ruint bearing.

Has the wheel been off lately?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an Avon Gripster put on about 7k miles ago. Could have been like that since then.
I hope it is a quik fix because TDP is right around the corner!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Nuther possibility is the axle is out of line. Check the marks on the adjusters to see if it is bilaterally symetrical.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the lines yesterday and all seems good. It's just offset for some reason.
Thanks Ham

·
Registered
650 Posts
they have been known to rub the Chain guard.

But 'off-set' is another thing. I'd say a bearing or spacer missing. Can you lift up the back and see if it (wheel)will slide across the axle? or wiggle?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theotherbigjoe said:
they have been known to rub the Chain guard.

But 'off-set' is another thing. I'd say a bearing or spacer missing. Can you lift up the back and see if it (wheel)will slide across the axle? or wiggle?
Thanks Joe, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wheel alignment

Sounds like you might be missing the inner spacer on the sprocket hub/damper assembly. It tends to stay in the assembly when you pull the wheel off, but if you lay the assembly (separated from the main wheel hub) down or bump the assembly while off the main hub it can fall off an roll away. Far away. Trust me on that one. I just spooned a new tire on today and dropped the sprocket/damper assembly and the inner spacer jumped out and rolled out of my garage, down the driveway and out into the street. Without it I'm bettin you could trash yer bearings and/or hub........Randy

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah Ron

Still wondering how you made out.
PM me if you want me to come down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts