Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the rear wheel (2003 model) to change the tire, and now I'm having trouble fitting the rear wheel back into place. The disc bolts do not clear the rear caliper holder. In other words, the wheel turns only up to the next disc bolt, and stops, because the bolt is touching the caliper holder. The wheel spacer is in place, and looking at the parts diagram, I seem to be doing fine. Still, there is not just enough space between the brake disc and the caliper holder. Anyone has ever had this type of issue? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Your not putting something back together correctly. If they fit when you took it apart they will fit now too. Try removing the calipers from the bracket when reinstalling the wheel. Then place the caliper back on once you are sure that the bolt is correctly installed and correctly spaced.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'm with Buildit, I always take my calipers off front and rear when doing tiers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Got it. The left spacer had been put back on the right side, and vice versa. :mad0235:
My girlfried says I should sell my wrench...
Thanks guys. If anyone has a rear wheel issue, just refer them to me :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK. Got it. The left spacer had been put back on the right side, and vice versa. :mad0235:
My girlfried says I should sell my wrench...
Thanks guys. If anyone has a rear wheel issue, just refer them to me :)
Just as long as she doesn't tell you to sell your bike...........:15:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts