Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo all,

I just recieved a recall notice from Kawasaki. "KLR 650 Muffler mount bolts torque".

WOW Kawasaki does not want our mufflers falling off on the freeway. I guess we should check those bolts, but please... LEAVE THE DOOHICKEY ALONE!

Anyone else recieve this notice?

Do check the torque on the bolts though...

Take care,

MB4

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh,

By the way the affected KLR's are 2002-2008 models:mad0235:

MB4

The muffler bolt torquerer was on vacation, with the doohickier guy:character00271:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I wander if they will replace my muffler if I tell them my muffler fell off on the hwy? or will they just give me a couple bolts?

·
Registered
61 Posts
recall

ya i got one to got a little excited at first then i opened it, what a let down. cant belive i got all worked up over the torc of muffler mount bolts what a let down.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm not the original owner of my 02' model and I feel left out for not getting a notice..:)

At 12K miles, I'm guessing my muffler's OK for now..

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paper,

If it will make you feel better, I will make you a copy of mine and send it to you...

:p

MB4

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not the original owner of my 02' model and I feel left out for not getting a notice..:)

At 12K miles, I'm guessing my muffler's OK for now..
Don't feel too left out.

I didn't even get one for my '07:(

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
this is one of the dumbest recalls i can imagine. either your bolts were loose and have already fallen out (one of mine did) and you replaced them or they are not going to loosen. since 02?!! do they expect me to trailer it to the dealer "DO NOT RIDE YOUR MOTORCYCLE UNTIL THE REPAIR HAS BEEN COMPLETED" so a 20 year old can tighten 2 bolts? who has been wrenching on this bike for the past 2 years, changing tires, oil, adjusting the valves and chain, even adding gasoline. anyone who responds to this recall shouldn't be riding unless as above posts suggest we go and ask for a new muffler because the original fell off. "Oh, is that why it's been louder and my pants melt?". sheesh!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Has anyone in Canada received this notice?
I just got home from Canada, and I didn't get a notice while there, or even at home.. Does that count??:)

Just flew home from Montreal.. Man, my arms are tired..:23a:

Sorry about the hijack of your question.. I'm tired and need to go to bed..:D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts