Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 34 and just bought my first KLR, have had many off road bikes before and one tiny road bike (82 yamaha 400). I discovered the KLR in 2003. Contemplated buying but it never panned out. Along comes the new 2008 and I was hooked, had to have one. I just couldn't justify the purchase though (2 young kids, mortgage, car payments....etc.). I thought about financing but than looked at my son, hes 5 and thought hell he will be 9 by the time I pay this thing off, no way. I kept searching, craigslist, want ads etc. Then it happened, a local ford dealer was advertising one for sale on craigslist. A 2006 w/ 1200 miles for 3,000 or best offer! I ran right down and bought it. The dealer said they had it for about 5 months, and no one was interested in it .Who would want such a big dirtbike? They were about to send it to an auction when one of the janitors suggested putting it on craigslist (thankyou). So now I the proud new owner of a red 2006 and I must say this bike is awesome, way better, faster and cheaper than the plastic 08's. HA HA! I feel like a teenager again riding this thing! My wife says I'm in a much better mood after a ride now. Its great therapy!!! Can't wait to farkle the [email protected] out of it!

And thats my story....for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts