Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day was too perfect for riding instead of working, so riding won out. We decided to head up to the Red River Gorge area, where the Daniel Boone National Forest currently has around 300 acres on fire adjacent to the Gorge. The smoke was heavy coming out of the NADA tunnel, and in the lower areas it looked like a light fog, but we did not see any fires or emergency personnel or equipment. We decided to stop at the Sky Bridge and take a look. Could not see any smoke from that vantage point. Sadly it has been so dry here, the leaves will probably not yield much color this year and will more than likely be brought down early with a heavy rain. I know I no longer have a KLR but there are two that rode with me and are in the pics so I hope you all don't mind me posting them here.

Sky Bridge Parking area:

Looking down at the road below. This was at max zoom on my old Digital camera:

Coming up to the Bridge

Walking out onto the bridge. Yes there are NO railings. Its a long way down

The view from center of the bridge

Stopped and looked at a 100+ year old Iron Ore Furnace. It is probably @ 70 feet from the top to the ground.

Here is a quick link to some pics of the bridge from under it
http://www.naturalarches.org/gallery-KY-SkyBridge.htm

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Great pic's DX beutiful country

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
DX, you know you are always welcome here.

Marcia and I did that ride a couple times last year and your pics brought back a lot of good memories.

We actually rode the lift to the top to get to the natural bridge and were out on the bridge before we realized we were on it. I was asking her where it was, and she said your on it. LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to live in Berea/Richmond (was going to UK). Camped out there with my brother and the boy scouts a few times. Great views. My brother was the district executive for the boy scouts in that area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts