Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have been away from the site for a while, working on some projects. I was just reading a discussion from last fall on " KLR Power Mod Discussion" and the excellent result Tom Schmitz got with his Dyno run for the sum of all KLR-mods. I think it is absolutely great....congrats

Now to the point of this thread...I see that Lone Rider has been banned from the site. I have read through his postings and unless some have been removed that I am not aware of, I do not see anything offensive that would see his account listed as "banned"? Could someone give the background and how long he is banned for? I did learn somethings from his writings along with the excellent writings of all the people who contribute to the site.

Just wondering.....
fradsham

"never dress for the weather, always dress for the fall..."

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Everybody see it?......the elephant in the room.

I was not moderating then and wasn't really watching that thread closely at the time. Paper, (a mod no longer with us) banned LoneRider. Whether this was the action of one or a collective of mods I do not know.

Looking back over that thread I see differences of opinion that led to more debate. Bannable offenses? I see none.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Okay I have been away from the site for a while, working on some projects. I was just reading a discussion from last fall on " KLR Power Mod Discussion" and the excellent result Tom Schmitz got with his Dyno run for the sum of all KLR-mods. I think it is absolutely great....congrats

Now to the point of this thread...I see that Lone Rider has been banned from the site. I have read through his postings and unless some have been removed that I am not aware of, I do not see anything offensive that would see his account listed as "banned"? Could someone give the background and how long he is banned for? I did learn somethings from his writings along with the excellent writings of all the people who contribute to the site....
fradsham -

I have to go on record as saying that, though the dyno run was objective evidence and nothing could be found wrong with the machine, the set-up or the operator, I do not believe the results. Not for one minute.

I don't any other impression to be out there. It will remain a mystery of the universe.

WRT to LoneRider -

The one thing we must remember is that we are not guaranteed the freedom of speech in this forum. It is a private domain with its own set of rules. For us Americans it is similar to being a guest in a private house as opposed to standing in the public square. In the public square we have the freedom of speech guaranteed by our constitution. In the private living room we have to abide by the wishes of our host. We need to be mindful of the house rules.

Within the forum the host is the moderator, whose job it is (and it's a tough one) to see that the environment is truthful, fair and civil for all. That means that all sides need to be heard from, ad hominem attacks are not permitted, the forum is not a bully-pulpit for any member, yet challenges need to be allowed.

With all that said, I don't think the apparent offenses rose to the perma-ban level. I think it all happened at a rather trying time for all and was over-reaching.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Well considering it is an open secret that Lonerider and Damocles are the same person, I think the ban has already run its course and needs no further discussion.
justjeff

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the update and I am not looking to open any debates on the issue, since I am also a guest who has only recently returned after some time away - I do wish to respect the house...

I will consider the thread closed....

safe riding ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts