Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the under fender on my 07 and mounted the tag on the fender just under the taillight as I have seen others do from pic's here, Would like to know from others who have done this if you have just deleted the tag light or rigged up an led or the like to work as a tag light, I know legally we are supposed to have the T.L but the taillight seems to light up the tag pretty good, Thank's for any help and advice here. SZ.

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
sz rider -

I used a pair if Lite'n Boltz (an led inside a license plate bolt) to light up the plate.

They seem to work OK. They run about $20/pair on E-Bay.

Tom

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
How much riding in the dark do you do. Myself I don't ride in the dark and removed the license plate light altogether. Personally I don't see a need for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much riding in the dark do you do. Myself I don't ride in the dark and removed the license plate light altogether. Personally I don't see a need for it.
For me it was a necessity as I ride to work and by the time I get off it's dark. Now, this is obviously not everyday as I do sometime take the truck but you never know when you are going to get stuck ridin in the dark. Even coming back from the trails it gets dark pretty quick and I don't want to always be worrying about how much daylight I got to get home before smokey stops me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts