Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was working on some random odds and ends on my 2012 yesterday, and, in my... curiosity, I ended up removing the tank. Went to button it all back up, but it seems that the tank won't go back into place properly. I can't get it to slide back down over the bushings on the frame above the engine. Does anyone have any tricks to compress the bushings or make them less sticky?

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Hey guys,

I was working on some random odds and ends on my 2012 yesterday, and, in my... curiosity, I ended up removing the tank. Went to button it all back up, but it seems that the tank won't go back into place properly. I can't get it to slide back down over the bushings on the frame above the engine. Does anyone have any tricks to compress the bushings or make them less sticky?
It should go over the bushings easily without force. Are you catching on something else as your putting it on? The rubber bushings are just loose as well, one might have slid off it's pin a bit?

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
There's so much crap along the frame rail I hadda zip tie some lines,
then hold the cables out of the way and wiggle working it forward.
It goes on fine now after a few times having the bike apart.

I had the same deal first time or two. One biscuit fell off, hung up on the
choke cable, didn't spread the fairing to clear the mount tabs while pushing, etc. Argh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts