Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my business and retired!!! I can't get the smile off my face!!!!!!!!!! 57 years old and done! Riding anytime I want to! Everyday is a weekend!
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Congratulations Toney & I hope that you never get bored of doing 'next to nothing'! :)

·
Administrator
8,362 Posts
If you thought you were busy while working, just wait until you are fully into retirement!

Congratulations!

Reactions: Dan Diego

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Congratulations!

What project(s), adventure(s) are you considering, now that you have time to accomplish them?

Time hasn't been an issue. The problem is just owning the place. You're tied to it. I had to stay within a 2 hour drive at all times. Always wondering when the phone would ring and I'd have to put out a fire.
Now,,, The first thing I want to do is sit on the deck for a while, sit without having thoughts about sales, taxes, employees, customers, bills, etc. floating around in the background of my mind. I'm happy where I'm at. No travel is required. I want to just enjoy not knowing what day of the week it is. Maybe "tune out" some.

I've just about had it with customers and their cars. They don't want to be at your shop. The car's broke and so they are too. You'll hear "I only paid $400 bucks for the car". As far as I'm concerned, they should ride a Mule.

Bounced checks from the Baptist church and the deputy sheriff sitting on my desk and I could tell you stories around the campfire about employees all night long, all you'd say back is "you're kidding!". I'm more than over it.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Congratulations Toney. Agree with Tom, I'm retired 5 months and I don't have time to ride enough! One trip to Florida and back to Virginia is all I've wedged in. I'm busy selling a house and building another. Wanting to meet up with Cherokee-Chuck's rally group, but things keep getting in the way! That said, so much easier getting up in the morning when you aren't going to work!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Congratulations, I retired in 2003 and am finally starting to run out of things to do. That’s not to say that I miss working :)
Do enjoy all those things you’ve always wanted to spend more time when you didn’t have time. It’s a hoot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
You never really retire you just find other jobs to do on a different time frame and scale!

You know you are close when getting out of bed taking that long walk to the the kitchen another long walk to the easy chair... half out of breath reaching for that remote and thinking i wish this thing had voice control then i would not have to push this damn mute button so much......after settling in for your morning nap your mind wonders, i think the KLR is past due for an oil change then the idea of that long walk to the garage and lifting the oil jug grabbing wrenches sets in and you say to yourself whats another month going to hurt anyway besides i need another beer, so its another long walk back to the kitchen... Retirement!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Congratulations Toney. I'm 61 and have been retired 10 years as of 12/23/19.

Nothing like waking up with nothing to do and having all day long to do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts