Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to have potential but a few glitches to the program. As a helmet cam user I was surprised to find the programing needed for the operation and editing of the video. Reading the problem site it appears there have been issues with the Contour cameras for a while in several areas.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks man.
I really like the body of the Contour, feels sturdy and tough, but like you Ive also heard of many people having various issues with them.

I think its a nice simple design but for the price there are better cameras out there with more features.

Its really too bad because I really want to like this camera, but I haven't heard great things about it.

What video format does it use for files?

Here's a Half Throttle rant about the Contour.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It uses .MOV file format. I have found work arounds to use the files on the MAC with Qtime and Final Cut Express but of course neither of these will export the file in HD. So ADVFilmer will not be in HD. :(
As it is it will be a backup for my 4 year old VIO POV helmet cam that I currently use.

·
Registered
482 Posts
My drift uses .mov as well.
You might need Final cut pro to do HD, I dont know, Im not a Mac guy, i rock PC with Sony Vegas.

You could pm halfthrottle here or probably on YT is better. He is super helpfull with this stuff and Im pretty sure he uses Mac with Final cut pro.

Hows that VIO POV working out. I really like that one and if I had the extra dough thats what I would be using too...let me know what you think, or whip up a review.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hows that VIO POV working out. I really like that one and if I had the extra dough thats what I would be using too...let me know what you think, or whip up a review.
For a 4 year old camera it still rocks. I wish the new one came with a non-fisheye option as I hate fish eyes. Hell I don't even like sushi and they want me to use fish eyes? :) Aside from the fish eye issue I really thing the VIO is the best camera out there for easy of use, good quality video, and environment proof system. It does suffer the same issue all the cameras have with a truely usable mic. If they changed the mic to a separate cord either at the recorder or off the end of the camera cord it would make a world of difference.

As for a review on the VIO POV, that is one of my winter to do projects. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts