Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Elmer. I just put my check in the mail. I'm going to truck my bike up, I'll be coming from the Kankakee area.

Never rode (or is that road?) a dual sport event so it is a first for me too.

Yeeeeeehaaaawww!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anybody else going other than Ham! and I? Maybe we could meet up for some BACON and eggs prior.

Elmer out

·
Registered
143 Posts
By cracky Elmo, you and me are going to let these panty waisted girlie-boys know what a ride is all about!

Let's do some breakfast and tear it up. At least as much as my tired old arse tears it up.

PM me for a meeting place.

P.S. Should I surrender avatar Fudd to the real Elmer? Bahhhhhhh

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll be there. Hope to meet both of you Ham and Elmo.

Never done the ride before, but looking forward to it. good weather would be a plus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evening Out Rider!

Where are you at in Wisconsin? I am up here in Green Bay! Are you going to join me and Ham for some breakfast. I know there is a truck stop on 41 around that area but a buddy of mine lives up down there and I will email him right after I am done here for some ideas.

Well it looks like all the cool kids will be there anyway!

Elmer out

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'd love to go, but I'm sitting in Fullerton, CA and it sounds like I won't be going home any time soon.. Middle of next week at the soonest, which misses out this weekend... Poop..

On the other hand, I found the CycleGear store.. :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paper I will be in California next Tuesday so don't buy everyhting there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
elmo said:
Evening Out Rider!

Where are you at in Wisconsin? I am up here in Green Bay! Are you going to join me and Ham for some breakfast. I know there is a truck stop on 41 around that area but a buddy of mine lives up down there and I will email him right after I am done here for some ideas.

Well it looks like all the cool kids will be there anyway!

Elmer out
I'm West of Milwaukee.

Breakfast sounds good. Where and what time?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my buddy wasn't much help. He said something about a Denny's or Perkins at the Hwy 45 and Hwy 33 intersection. But I guess they have BACON there. Let me know your thoughts on a meeting time. I still have to register and I think there is a rider meeting at.....hold on let me double check.......okay i'm back......at 8:45am. I also know there is a Fleet Farm or Farm Fleet at that exit, we could just meet in the parking lot at a given time and take it from there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
7 ? 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:45 a.m. Riders meeting
9:00 a.m. First bikes out

I'm leaving my place at 4:00 and expect to be there around seven. Look for the ratty S-10 with the green KLR. I'll go to the Arm & Feet parking lot. Hopefully, nothing strange pops up in my travels and slows me down, but if I'm not there, don't wait very long, anything can happen going through Chicago.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ham! said:
7 ? 8:30 a.m. Registration
8:45 a.m. Riders meeting
9:00 a.m. First bikes out

I'm leaving my place at 4:00 and expect to be there around seven. Look for the ratty S-10 with the green KLR. I'll go to the Arm & Feet parking lot. Hopefully, nothing strange pops up in my travels and slows me down, but if I'm not there, don't wait very long, anything can happen going through Chicago.
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ham! and others....I will keep you updated.....the Delta Flight that was suppose to arrive today at 3:30pm has just been changed to 10:30 pm....now usually I wouldn't care about Delta Flights, but the much better looking half of this marriage is on that plane, or should I say will eventually be on that plane. The plane that she is suppose to be on now is a half hour late already and isn't even hanging out at the airport yet. Knock on wood she arrives sometime before my 5:00am departure time. I will let you know more when I do.

I am looking for a babysitter back up now!

Elmer

·
Registered
143 Posts
Oh man Elmo, if the flights keep messing up, you are going to be sleeping on the trail.

I am "gas and go" ready. Tonight I'm working a half shift so I can grab a few hours sleep before take-off. Mapquest says three hours of driving time and hopefully the drunks will be off the road by the time I take off.

I'll check in here before my departure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She just got on her connecting flight in Alanta going to Ohio somewhere then on to Green Bay. It is looking more hopeful. Only one more chance for the airline to screw up again. :roll:

Sorry to any airline workers the only airline I had luck with is Midwest. Not saying they are better, just usual get me home on time. With my luggage!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By the way Fleet Farm is on hwy 33 three blocks east of hwy 45.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks good she should be home in a hour. See you all in the morning! I have to go pack now!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello everyone!

Everyone must put this ride on the list of must do rides. If anyone is interested there is the ride report over at Adventure Rider. Are little three man group were the pictures by "benp1981" the guy that started the thread.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3447786&posted=1#post3447786

I didn't bring the KLR because of the forecast of rain and I really don't have it set up for my fluffiness yet or the proper tires for this kind of riding, but then I found out the XR650 didn't have the right kind of tires either.

Ham! was doing great right up to the mud. And yes that is a KLR front tire covered in the mud. He wanted to see what it would look like Supermoto style.

Great to meet you Ham!

Well I am going to drag myself back to bed now!

Elmer out!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Let me tell ya, the hinges that connect my legs to my arse are flat wore out from the mudslinging.

Today I have a few hours of cleaning to do. My shifter got bent down somewhere before lunch. I kept getting false nuetrals in first gear at the most inopportune times, but somehow managed to get it shifted seconds before disaster. End of ride damage was bent shifter, broken mirror mount, lotsa tread removal on the rear tire, ruint body (mine).

If I can get to Bens pics, I'll put together a ride report for here.

It was fun! In a sick, twisted way.........

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts