Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Check this out: Coronavirus, Location Tracking, and Civil Liberties

Chock full of links to articles on programs used after 9/11 that were proven to be useless or ineffective, yet still in-use today. Wonderful read. My favorite part:

Historical records of a person’s cell site location information over an extended period of time can reveal exquisitely sensitive information, including a person’s activities, associations, and beliefs. Ordinarily, the government needs a warrant to compel a phone company to provide these records. While anonymized data builds in some protections, there are still privacy concerns. As demonstrated by a New York Times investigation, it is relatively simple to re-identify anonymized data by combining it with other information sets. Palantir, a company that specializes in finding connections between disparate data sets, is reportedly already working with the CDC, sharpening concerns that anonymized data sets won’t remain that way for long. -Angel Diaz, Brennan Center

·
Registered
217 Posts
Cfestings: If you’ve never been there, put it on yer bucket list. Hell, I’ll even give you $26 if you go and don’t like it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cfestings: If you’ve never been there, put it on yer bucket list. Hell, I’ll even give you $26 if you go and don’t like it!
Was on a ride from VA to BC several years ago and happened to be during Sturgis week so I stopped by. I'm not saying I had a bad time; talked to many friendly, respectful (I was on a Honda) people. But all and all riding around Banff and westward is more my scene. One and done.
Again, glad I had the experience but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there... and for most people it is a major effort to get to sturgis. I have same feelings about Daytona bike week.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
I went to the Sturgis Rally once in 1983 and had a very good time at the Buffalo Chip campground, that was their 1st or 2nd year. Wow!
It was reported to have been the largest rally attendance to date, about 90,000 +, woo-wee by todays numbers.

I haven't been back for the rally since, even though I'm only about 300 road miles away. The off-season (May-June) is way less expensive time to visit that area.

But yeah, every biker ought to see it at-least once, even if you just pass thru.

·
Premium Member
5,561 Posts
I've learned to always carry a mask on a ride because different municipalities might have changing rules. There's a place I usually stop for coffee or iced tea on one of my day-trip routes and the last time I was there, no mask was required. Today, a mask was required. Fortunately, I'd thrown one in my jacket pocket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ll keep my opinions to myself, but I can say despite a clueless Governor most here don’t care...until some...person...made a complaint to a local business about me.

Girl was very nice and knows me, so asked and I obliged...mostly cuz I have to finish PT or my shoulder won’t finish healing. I’m so close now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts