Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else wearing fieldsheer?I have the auto tech jacket and adventure pants.Wore them thru this summer and it was a struggle.Now this time of year they rock.Gonna go lookin for some (heavy duty?) mesh for next summer..I really don't want to give up the protection of full gear.Got any ideas?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I've got a Firstgear mesh jacket. I loved it all summer long! It comes with a liner for some wind protection in the AM but with the liner out, it feels like a t-shirt. The best part is that it has full CE armor. Well, shoulders, elbows and back. Anywho...I like it a lot. I bet you could score a good deal on one this time of the year. I'd probably start with www.newenough.com
FWIW
Jamie
:wink:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I owned the FS High Temp Mesh for one day. It does not breath like I want a jacket to breath. I have heard good things about the FS Air pants. I just went the less expensive route and bought The Tourmaster Transition jacket and Caliber pants. Plus I bought a new HJC AC-12 Carbon helmet (8 oz lighter than the CL-15 or Shoei RF1000). Tomorrow is a day to buy new colder weather gloves. I am a woosie when it comes to cold. :lol:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have the FirstGear Kilimijaro Air. its mesh baby!!!! has a awesome liner. I just rode in the rain, kept me really dry also. the jacket is the perfect all year jacket for me. all summer and winter without a problem. I just layer in the winter with fleece under the liner. no prob.

obv. in the summer the mesh is great with realy good protection.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the kili jacket,and it looks like a solid jacket.Any ideas on good summer pants that breath.Mine stick to me like glue.Probably doesn't help wearing genes under them either.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the fieldshear mach 1 mesh jacket and it is hands down the best mesh jacket I've ever owned. To me mesh is a big trade off - comfort and trading off safety, but I fully recognize on 100+ days, comfort BECOMES a safety issue, so I have always had mesh jackets. The Mach 1 is superb for air flow and it has a combination of hard armor and soft armor at key points. I feel like I'm trading a lot less off with this jacket as compared with other mesh jackets I've owned. And it has a liner for cool mornings to boot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts