Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few pix's of scenes I've taken in my travels through N.H.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Great slideshow, larry31. Enjoyed the photos and thanks for posting it. Reminds me of my time in upstate NY. Wish I would have ventured over to the New England states while I was there.

Looks like you've got a lot of excellent riding and scenery there. Are any of those locations Thoreau-famous like Walden or any of the rivers he wrote about?

One of the shots toward the end was what I assumed were the White Mountains. Have you ever been up the Mt. Washington road to the summit?

And, what's the deal with Godzilla peeking over the ridge? Liked that one.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slide show

Panalp

Thanks!

The locations shown are from lot’s of different places. Some just along the road and some not so near anything. ( Like off into the boonies! )
A few are from some time ago, but most are within the last few years.
Nothing exotic, just places you can see if you just poke around.

I haven’t gone up the Mt. Washington road on my bike or car. Did take the Cog Railway twice.
Back when I was just out of high school, my buddy and I walked up part of the road, and then up a trail, in December . When we got close to the “no tree line” just below a ridge, the snow was so deep, we had to put our feet on pine tree tops to keep from sinking out of sight into the snow. ( Estimate these trees to be 6’ or so high. ) The last few feet to the top of the ridge, was “belly crawl” to a clear path.
Fun stuff when you’re young and stupid.

Got the Godzilla pix from a discarded camera, left on the ground, by an old Japanese guy.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I admire all the rides you guys do out west ….But I will tell you. There is nothing as much fun as riding the old New England roads….

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Got the Godzilla pix from a discarded camera, left on the ground, by an old Japanese guy.[/QUOTE]

LOL Good one. Wasn't expecting that answer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts