Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
OK, so I have to brag a little, or I'm proud, or whatever you want to call it. Last weekend a friend had a family-friendly at his place. He invited quite a few of us, but not near everyone could make it. But everyone from my household showed up and rode their dirt bikes! I didn't think much about it a the time, but now thinking back, it's pretty damn cool. They rode their Honda's while I rode my Suzuki. When we were done I made them pose for a picture because who knows if I'll ever get my wife back out riding again. :)
Needless to say it was an awesome day!!
Here's a video I mixed up.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Nice video of a great day of riding Savage!!:mexican wave:
Best Regards....justjeff

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I know the feeling. I have fond memories of each of my sons coming on a KLR trip with me. We had a great time together.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Awesome, Family-Friendly video Savage!

What part of Kansas? Trees, Gullies, Hills, even some Rocks!
Only thing I remember is FLAT, wheat and corn and other cash crops.
I have relatives around Wichita. Been a long time since I've been there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manhattan. NE Kansas is different than southern and western KS. More green, vegetation, and lovely allergies. :)

Thank you for the kind comments all.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a video from the last time myself and the kids got out for a good ride while my wife shot some pictures.
We loaded up and went and rode on a Hare Scramble track. I was thoroughly impressed with how good they did riding their little Honda's with subpar suspension and low ground clearance. After this ride I knew I better make some skid plates to keep them from ripping out the oil drain plugs. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOg9hB4VMKs

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
Forum error!!!!!!!

Sorry for the 'thread jack' Savage.
Which I LIKE! Teaching/Showing the next generation is fun!

This Thread is in the "Off Topic Lounge",
I CAN'T GET THERE! NOT EVEN FROM HERE!!!
It takes me to the 'Home Page'. Every time! From Any Where!

Administrator, we/I have a 'problem'. Please HELP.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Me and the kiddos rode this weekend while my lovely wife took pics. I can't believe how high and far my son and daughter were jumping!

See me on the bottom left at the base of the jump? That's my little 8 yr old girl flying on her stock CRF70. I was shocked!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another ride with the family and a few friends. I like watching my son help his bud get his bike fired up. He did it 3 times during the day. It makes me proud (because you know how kids can act).
My wife ended up putting 9 miles on the old XR on this day. It's funny because it wore her out (from having muscles all tensed up) and she got a sore on the top of her left foot from shifting. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_zyyjTCAh0

Reactions: pdwestman

·
Registered
901 Posts
These two are from a ride this past summer with Mrs. Acid and our son in the Snowy Range southwest of Laramie. It was a good time!

In this pic, my bike is at the far left, Mrs. Acid's bike is the little Suzuki DR200SE in the middle, and my son's KLR is at the right.

This pic is the opposite - my bike is on the right, and my son's KLR is on the left, and Mrs. Acid with her bike are in the middle...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome acidman!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts