Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but could not find one. I have an 06 and have been riding less then a year. I have limited (very limited) knowledge of working on the bike. I see a lot of guys from the front range or close to it. I live in Bayfield which is 20 miles east of Durango close to New Mexico. At this time in my life (with three kids and another coming anyday) riding comes in the form of the daily commute to Durango and the occasional side trip or saturday afternoon ride.
First is there anybody on this forum in the Durango area. I have met a few other riders in the area but neither had internet access.
Second if anybody is coming to the area give me a shout. I can't guarantee I could make it but I would try. There are some great camping spots nearby and I could possibly get away for the night.
Third, tech day. I would love to support one but...space is limited and why would you want to hang out in a subdivision with all the neighbors watching. We could met up in the mountains and work on our bikes during the evenings or whenever and have a great time riding during the day. I have some of the basic tools we would need but no doohicky tools. I could bring my jack, tarps or open sided tents, BBQ and could also pick up the meals ( everybody send $20 bucks or what ever).
It would be great to met up. And the simple roll call would be great of riders in the area: Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and Utah. I am a little over an hour from all four.

Thanks, Kyle-- [email protected]
Bayfield Colorado

·
Registered
41 Posts
If anyone is still out there, I am an old geezer relocating to Alamosa. I'll be in and out for a month or two; then I gotta paint, clean, etc. About the time the cold sets in I'll be free to ride. I figure October or November.

But Wifey is pretty good about letting me out once in a while.

·
Registered
603 Posts
KLR noobie, 2) ..Oh yea Manitou Springs, Co.
Had my first visit there in 1995.Very cool spot.Also lots of good trout fishin.Looks like alot of good ridin close also:16a:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another n©©b in CO

Hi,

Ex Beemer rider here, just traded my last bike (2005 Ninja 250) for an '05 KLR.

La Veta is in highway 12 which is a NICE twisty paved ride with numerous gravel roads off of it. Let me know if you get down this way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dave in Ogden Utah. A bit of a ride to Colorado but not bad.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts